Wednesday, May 26, 2010

BATHROOM SINK SKIRTS


A client e-mailed me last week with a rush job.  She and her husband decided to put their house on the market and needed a couple of things done rather quickly.  One of them was this curtain for the cabinet in her kids' bathroom.  The green and white polka dot matches the tile on the counter.  Before this job, every sink skirt I did was the type below.
This sink skirt was in a showcase home a couple of years ago.  I used to do this kind of skirt fairly often when I lived in Chicago.  The old pedestal sinks lent themselves to this treatment very nicely.  I haven't had much call for them in San Diego.  I think the designer used it in this bathroom more for color.  There was also a roman shade of the same rose fabric.

9 comments:

Shab-n-Chic said...

I've always loved sink skirts! That's a cute one. Nice to see you today..hope you enjoy the bracelet and actually WEAR IT! :)

Julie Marie said...

Oh Tamerie, those are beautiful! I have ALWAYS wanted a sink with a skirt, a real old~fashioned looking one, and your are just gorgeous! xoxo Julie Marie

Tristan Robin said...

You did a lovely job - as always.

Frankly, I've never understood these skirts - dont' they get wet and bedraggled and limp looking? LOL I'd be so afraid I'd get toothpaste all over it - if not (ahem) hair color LOL.

Maija said...

Looks fabulous Tamerie!

Valerie said...

I used to make sink skirts in all my rental houses. Now that we "own", I'm less inclined. But, yours are so pretty that I'm inspired!

Laurel said...

This is soooo darling. I had a little apartment in san francisco many years ago and I made the CUTEST skirt and valance for that little bath. Thanks for reminding me of a fun creative time in my life. I loved fixing that place up.
Love and hugs to you Sweet T.
I hope blog comments are back working -I adjusted it so lets see!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

How ingenious! I use skirts around some of the tables in my classroom (mainly to hide things under) and I hot glue them on and then pull them off at the end of the school year.

I love the skirts and wish I had a sink to adorn one with ~ always good to see your creativity at work! Blessings Friend ~ Katie

Serena Lewis said...

It sure is a lovely way to pretty up a sink but I was also wondering the same as Tristan....would they get wet or stained?

Serena Lewis said...

Btw, your blog template looks great!