Just when I put it out into the 'world' that I intend to start doing more writing, I seem to have frozen up. Oh, there's a reason for it and, I promise, I will get to it one of these days. That day is not today, however.
Today, I'll post about the crib skirt and bumpers I did recently. Of course, they took me far longer that I would ever have thought possible. That would be due to the fact that my brain is on a bit of a holiday.
(More on that in a future post.)
I had an existing crib set to copy, so I didn't have to truly figure out how to make it. It was very clever the way it was done, though, and how the bumper ties on. It was one long 'cushion' with two loops on one end and ties on the other to make the rectangular shape. The skirt, welting and ties are of the same contrasting fabric.
I made the bumper with a zipper that runs the entire length so that the inside 'pillows' can be removed and the bumper washed.
With as much trouble as this job gave me, I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it all turned out.
Another close-up of the ties attaching the bumper to the crib rails.
My client is having a boy in January and his new room is ready and waiting his much anticipated arrival.