Friday, September 25, 2009

ARTISTIC AFFAIRE - PART TWO - THE CLASSES, SWAPS AND THE GIFTS


The first class was taught by Lisa Kettle. I think I may have been the only person in the room who was not familiar with her or her work. Now I am and I love it! This is the bug I made. I chose to put her tutu on her head instead of in the traditional place. I thought if I put it on her waist, the polka dots wouldn't show.
This is the 'shadow box' that the bug was supposed to be glued into. I decided not to put her in because I think the styles are too different. I love the picture that went in the background.
This was the third class of the evening, taught by Ruth Rae. This is not what we were supposed to make, but I knew that I would never, ever wear a fabric cuff (just me and my dislike of most jewelry.) So I improvised and made a small wall hanging. This is where I used the lace from the goodie bag. I couldn't use it on both sides because of the glue Kim used. It was too hard to gather it and sew it on, so I used another trim on the right edge.
Our second class was taught by the fabulous Julie Haymaker Thompson. As with all the classes, everything we made, even though we all started with the same pieces and parts, was different. Mine is actually not quite done. I want to add (probably) the word 'GROW' to the top where there is a big, blank space.
This adorable charm was made by Bryanna as a gift to all who participated in the Mask Swap.

This charm is from Jessi. The front is a tiny version of the invitation for Artistic Affarire and
the back is a Barbie Doll and says 'Fall in LA'. It was very sweet of her to make me one, as we had never met before. She is just delightful and so bubbly and full of energy. I have always heard so much about her and am glad I finally know her.
This wonderful hanging was done by Jenny Morgan as a thank you for being in the Soul Canvas Swap.
A close-up of the bird on the top of the canvas that Jenny Lor made for me.
The whole canvas. Jenny did the quote in a very unique way - Lines from the quote are on the sides and bottom as well. I love it! Thanks Jenny.
This a a close-up of the pinup girl on my amazing apron made by Holly Stinnett. It is such a cool gift.
A larger view of the apron. Sandy commissioned Holly to make it for me. I love the colors, I love all the design elements she used, I just love the apron. Thanks to both Sandy and Holly!
This is the mask I received the in mask swap. It was made by Nicole and it is simply unbelievable. The details, the workmanship are all, well, unbelievable.
A close-up view

7 comments:

NicNacManiac said...

WOW...such spectacular goodies!! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time!! Your creations are just lovely!! The apron is bright and and seems just like you. The mask is exquisite...I really would love to be able to attend one of these soiree in my lifetime!!
So glad you had tons of fun!!
xOxO Nerina :)

Julie Marie said...

Wow, those things are spectacular!!! I would have loved to make any one of them... I adore that mask! Looks like you did some really FUN things!!! Bisous... Julie Marie

Laurel said...

WOw Tamerie- this is an amazing cache of goodies! Each piece is so so beautiful and unique! Wow- so so cool. I adore the tutu bug- I can see hanging a few of those little dreams in my little girls room. They have a funky colorful room.a mish mosh of fun and those would be perfect. Maybe I will try:)
Love and happy weekend to you!

Winchester Manor said...

Wow...everything is awesome! I like how you put your own spin on your projects, you did a fabulous job!

Gorgeous things from amazingly talented women, everything is stunning and I love Holly and her aprons, she is just so creative.

Glad you had a great time at the artistic Affaire, but I'm more glad your back!!

Hugs,
Karyn

ReluctantYankee said...

Your posts are always a feast for the eyes! Such detail....oh no, I'm in a Tamerie blog trance...."DON'T DO HOUSEWORK..MAKE A CRAFT...MAKE A CRAFT!" lol

Janet said...

Wow! Looks like you had a fun time! I love the apron that Holly made....she's fantastic. And I like how you made things work for you like the little wall hanging instead of a cuff.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Tamerie

What a lot of crafty goodness going on here. Looks like you had a fabulous time both crafting and meeting all these wondeful ppl.

I have to say i just love those green masked women [charms]. I also love your collage and think GROW would be very apt. It has a very oganic feel to it. Beautiful work and post! Have a great weekend and have fun xx Julie