Saturday, March 13, 2010

KITCHEN CURTAINS

I delivered these curtains this morning and getting a good picture of them was not easy. The problem was the brightness of the room, even though it is cloudy outside. The flash wouldn't work (can't force it on my little camera) and without it, all I got was a black blob.
Closed they are fairly flat. The only time they will be closed is first thing in the morning when the sun is beating in and blinding everyone. Today it wasn't a problem.
The curtains are inter-lined to help with the sun, both in protecting the fabric and cutting the brightness of the room without having to use blackout lining. As you can see, the view out the windows is just lovely.
And this is the view from the large window: San Diego Bay and the San Diego Yacht Club. Not bad, huh?

10 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Beautiful curtains. I should have you make the ones I need for the lakehouse. I am still waiting for the windwo trim to be finished up, but that shouldn't be long.

Lovely view out those windows.

xoxo
Jane

Unknown said...

Gorgeous curtains! Have a sweet day!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wish I was there lovely landscape too! HPS!

Petit Coterie said...

You do such a fabulous job with everything that you sew. I always enjoy visiting your blog, just to see what you've made. Thanks always for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

xx, Michelle

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Tamerie,

Lovely curtains and the fabric compliments their wall color perfectly!

What a gorgeous view and your curtains frame it perfectly!!

Hugs,
Karyn

Unknown said...

it is a beautiful view and I love the red curtains with the color on the walls.....so pretty....

Serena Lewis said...

They look great with that wall colour! The room makes me think Tuscany for some reason.

Bryanna Lenan said...

Hi! I miss you!! cute curtains!!
xo
Bryanna

Clarity said...

What an impressive view, I could drift over to that Bay, easily.

At the close of day, they have your well-made curtains to draw and hibernate. Sweet.

Fifi Flowers said...

GREAT view!