This vintage rattan chair and ottoman got new covers!
I forgot to look at the selvage to see the mill and pattern name of this fabric. Sorry about that. I do know it is an outdoor fabric (but not Sunbrella) and so is pretty indestructible.
The pattern was fairly large, so to take advantage of all the different scenes, I did not match the seat, back and ottoman pieces. Also, if you turn them over, they still do not match. Fronts and backs are all different. It was the only way to not completely waste fabric.
From the side
I also made a couple of covers for the throw pillows my client already had.
There are also two 19" x 16" pillows in a tweed-y fabric for the newly reupholstered vintage rattan sofa. I did not take a close-up, so they are only visible to the far sides of the pictures. Again, sorry about that.
My client wanted me to slipcover this piece, but what you cannot see is how impossible this would have been. It actually folds out flat, kind of like a futon. A slipcover would not have worked.
This is the fabric that was on it before and the temporary solution that we came up with 4 or 5 years ago to put off having the sofa recovered at that point. I made a sort of 'slip' that tied on the sides. We were not trying to hide the fact that it was a slip, just extending the life of the sofa.
It worked very well, but the time came to do it properly. And my client's husband had always wanted a green sofa, which it finally is.
This home in Pacific Beach is my clients' winter home; that is, they are here in winter to get out of the cold and snow of Rhode Island.