Friday, May 29, 2015

FIRST REUPHOLSTERY, THEN SLIPCOVERS

Yes, I did reupholster these chairs, six to be exact, with Sunbrella.  And, no, I do not normally do reupholstery jobs.  Chairs seats are the exception to that rule.  These chairs, however, could not have been more difficult.  Even pulling the old staples out was tough...I kept slipping and when finished, I looked like I'd been in a fight.  My knuckles were bloody and cut up.


I had to do the chairs two at a time because my clients actually use the chairs when they eat dinner each night at the table.  Luckily, they have four people in their family and when two chairs were at my house for an extended period of time, it was not a big deal.  So after I finally got all 6 chairs redone, it was time to make little slipcovers, also out of Sunbrella.


The fabric my client chose for the slips was the same as upholstered seats, just in a different color.  


The slipcovers have tabs were covered buttons to keep them in place.


And as always, the nicest thing about Sunbrella is the indestructible nature of the fabric.  My client can simply wipe off spills and if necessary, even wash them.


My client's cat, Bart, enjoying 'his' new seat!


No comments: