When I first started doing slipcovers, on top of having no clue what I was actually doing(which is another story in itself), I didn't have a digital camera. That could be because they didn't exist then. I always thought that I should get a Polaroid camera (I only ever thought this but never got as far as to buy one) so that when I started working on a particular job, I would remember what it looked like. Once I take the pins out and all the pieces are flat, it's any one's guess what the piece looked like. This is especially true when I don't work on something immediately, which I hardly ever do. Once I got my digital camera (6 years ago now) and started taking shots of the furniture with the slipcovers cut on it, what a huge difference it made. I truly do not know how I ever did it before.
As you can see from the pictures, I do not cut the entire cover on site. Since this is a sectional, though, I had to cut more than usual because the other half is not a mirror image. It takes longer when I am at my client's home, but the nice thing is, when I start working on it, most of the base is already cut out. At that point, all I have to cut out are the cushions and the welting.
So, these pictures are of the current job I am working on. I am hoping to have it finished and delivered tomorrow afternoon, but that might not work out. In any case, once it is installed on my client's furniture, I will take the 'after' pictures and post them for you to see.