Thursday, April 30, 2009

MATELASSE SLIPCOVER

This is the before.  Notice that there is an attached back cushion.  That always presents a challenge and the usual way to deal with it is to pretend it just isn't there.  Once you have the slipcover on the piece, you can't tell what was underneath anyway.
The sofa is in a bedroom and the new slipcover softens the harder lines of the piece.  
The back view.  I guess you can say that my signature is a button back.  It adds detail and is so much cuter than a zipper.  If a slipcover needs an opening of some sort, I always do buttons, unless it would look stupid.  Normally, though, that is not the case.  I've had many clients suddenly want to float the sofa or loveseat so that the back actually shows.
Ruffled side pillows with covered buttons complete the new look.

3 comments:

Swoon with Deb Hodge said...

I am so in love with this slipcover! It's my favorite!
OK.......ummmmmmm
I like the white Linen one the best!....
XOXO Deb

Chris said...

Wow! You are really talented! This slipcover is so beautiful and I especially love the buttons. Great couch too.

Best,
Chris...we met at Mary's Easter egg dying event :)

Janet said...

The buttons look so much better than a zipper ever could. Good idea to use them as your signature touch.