This is NOT the job I am working on right now, but a job that I did back in December. What made this one so challenging was I had to 'fix' slipcovers that were already made. An upholsterer had done the job and had even taken the furniture to the shop (something I don't do; I cut in your home) and still they did not fit properly. The only saving grace was they were way too big.
I had to remake all the welting, which meant more fabric. And I had the designer take them apart. If I ever have another job like this (hopefully not) I will take them apart myself. I told her she needed to label all the pieces or else I wouldn't now what was what. I really should have been more specific because even though she did what I asked, instead of placing the tape in an upright position so I would know which was the top, she just slapped it on wherever she felt like. The result was I didn't know which end was up, literally.
Until I fixed them, she hated her slipcovers and was so disappointed because she had waited years to get the furniture done and it was awful. I should've taken pictures of the before just so you could have seen what the upholsterer thought was acceptable work. It boggles the mind. In the end, it all worked out and my client was thrilled.
Now, it's back to work for me so that I can get these other slipcovers finished for the installation on Tuesday.