Monday, April 5, 2010

ANOTHER SPRING BEAUTY AND THE JOLTS KEEP COMING

As I am sure you've heard by now, Southern California/Northern Baja was rocked by an Earthquake yesterday. We were just sitting down to Easter dinner when it started. I've felt Earthquakes before, but never as long as this went on. It is an eerie feeling. Then last night, oh around 2a, an aftershock woke me up. Luckily, no damage here.


Have you ever seen a blue hibiscus? They are very rare, indeed!
Or one that looks like this?
Okay, okay, so this is the original, which is still pretty spectacular. I had a little help from Photoshop on the other two, as you may have already guessed. I just love it in blue!

9 comments:

Janet said...

We didn't feel a thing up here....but we're much farther away than you are. I'm glad you're ok and no damage. And I hope you were able to have your Easter dinner after everything settled down.

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Tamerie, I thought about you soo much when I heard about the earthquake! Glad you are ok! That is so scary... we are sitting right on the Wasatch Fault here in Utah, and I am hoping we don't get a big one! Hope your Easter dinner was nice, I am sure you were rattled a bit... your photos are beautiful! I love Hibiscus... xoxo Julie Marie

Unknown said...

I thought of you the minute I heard of it.......I read they closed the Coronado bridge...I have an earthquake phobia!!!!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Wow!! This is the first I have heard about it. I am glad you are alright! I guess you have to deal with the earthquakes and we have the tornados!

Otherwise, I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

xoxo
Jane

Tristan Robin said...

so glad you had no damage and are safe.

yes - the blue is quite a jolt! LOL

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Love the second one!

My husband will land in San Francisco tonight, I hope there are no earthquakes there!!

debra@dustjacket said...

Not good about that quake, very scary.

Oh too funny, yes you do love your blue!

re comment thank you so much for the kind words :)

Hope your Easter was really lovely,
xoxo

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Tamerie, I've posted the pillow you made for me today (Tues)!

NicNacManiac said...

Oh sweetie,
I was so thinking about you when I heard about the earthquake. So glad that you are ok....the aftershock must have scared the poop out of you!! Your blue Hibiscus is just gorgeous...even if you had to create it yourself!!
xOxO Nerina