Thursday, April 1, 2010

CABANA SLIPCOVERS

I just came back from delivering these slipcovers. There is a new, really cool shop here in Coronado and these cabanas are serving as the dressing rooms. (I'll give all the details for the shop in my next post.)
A lovely little chair to sit on.
Talk about recycling: the 'valance' for this cover is from Elena's daughter's crib bed skirt. The panels are draperies from IKEA.
Top view
These cabanas are 4' x 4' and were a bit of a challenge to make. I've been wanting to get a 10' tent for the Point Loma Farmer's Market, and, of course, I can't have a plain, boring white canopy. After making this size though, I'm not sure I can do one more than double the size. Anyway, my clients (and me) are very happy with the way they turned out.

Tomorrow, all about Be Styled.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

These are great! You are so very talented!!!!!

Maija said...

Super fabulous, Tamerie!! You work wonders with fabric!!!

Julie Marie said...

Hi Tamerie, how beautiful! I would LOVE one of those cabanas, to be my dressing room at home! xoxo Julie Marie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

They're beautiful Tamerie. Make me in the mood for spring/summer so much (and it's raining here again). Happy weekend to you!
~Tracie

Unknown said...

they turned out awesome.......I just saw that the ikea here has some really great fabrics....My daughter picked out some for curtains....

beachhouse etc. said...

love the cabana covers great idea i'm not a sewer but you obviously are ...envious of that...i'm your newest follower thanks for the post...suzanne