Monday, January 31, 2011

NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

The name of my blog (and business) is, after all, A Little of This That and the Other and as I have never even come close to posting or talking about cooking before, I think this qualifies as 'Other.'  I made this salad for Thanksgiving at my cousin's house.  I was told to bring something green.  I considered bringing green jell-o, but decided salad might be more appropriate.  I asked a friend for a suggestion since I didn't want to bring the same old salad.  He recommended this salad.  With a little trepidation, I went to get the ingredients.  I had to ask what kale actually was and even broke off a tiny bit to taste.  It was VERY bitter, but as I had been assured that the salad was very good, I got everything I needed and went home to make it.  It was delicious!  The dressing and the cheese somehow take the bitterness away.  I have since made it a couple of times.  It lasts quite a while in the frig, so making the full recipe isn't a problem if it is only for you or one other person.  It is also perfect to take to a pot luck. 

The name of the restaurant this comes from is called

No comments: