Monday, March 21, 2011

CHAIR PADS AND THROW PILLOWS

 Chair pads
 A lot of wooden chairs are very uncomfortable to sit on.  These stools at my client's kitchen bar were no exception.
 From another job I did for her, we discovered that making double ties makes the cushion more secure.  It also looks kinda cute!
 The leather sofa also got some throw pillows from the same fabric.  I used a red welting to frame the fabric.  That red caused a near-disaster when I washed the fabrics.  Knowing better than to wash the fabrics together, I did it anyway.  When I opened the washing machine, the white areas on the fabric  and the selvage were completely PINK.  Rats!  So I took the red fabric out and filled the machine with water and oxi-clean and let the newly 'pinked' fabric soak for a couple hours.  I then washed it again.  Luckily, the pink came out.  I then soaked the red fabric in vinegar to set the color.  In the end, I was able to avoid having to buy new fabric and you better believe I won't be making that mistake again.  Never a dull moment here!
The 'new' chairs at the bar.

2 comments:

outlook hosting said...

Beautiful! especially i loved those pillows!

Unknown said...

Lovely!
Have a sweet day!