Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ORANGE IS THE HOT NEW COLOR THIS SPRING



 According to all the magazines, orange is the new hot color this season.  What better way to use it than as welting for this white duck cloth slipcover?
 My client is an artist in La Jolla and loves color as much as I do.
 Although the room is large and airy, using the orange as just a contrast does not overwhelm anything else in the room, including her art.
The original pillows were round, but I updated them with rectangular ones.
And this lovely piece of furniture is what's under the new slipcover!  My client's husband's comment when he walked in and saw the 'new' sofa was, "What an improvement!  Now that's something I can live with."

3 comments:

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I LOVE that! It even works for the color challenged. You are, as always, sooooo talented.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

It looks so wonderful!!! You are oh so very very gifted!

Unknown said...

Adorable slip cover! So loving the orange piping! Gorgeous!