Friday, October 28, 2011

PILLOWS GALORE

My client needed these pillows in a hurry.  Her client's home was to be photographed and the original date was moved up, which meant I had to sew fast.  There were 7 total pillows and I knew that I could easily make them all in one day if I absolutely had to.  Turned out I had to!
 I decided to make these two first as they were much more complicated than the others.  As I was working on them, I kept thinking, why does she want them this way?  They were a pain and I thought the fabric was interesting enough without adding a band of fabric with another trim on top.  Well, when I finished them, I understood.  They turned out really nicely and looked much better than I thought they would.  Perhaps this is why I am the seamstress and not the designer?  I think they turned out even better than the designer thought they would.  Funny how that works.
These 4 were pretty easy, just brush fringe and zipper closure.


 One side was blue tweed and the other was blue silk.


And last, but not least, one in a gold tweed with brush fringe.

Close up of fringe.

Don't know when the photos will be in the magazine, or, for that matter, what magazine they will be in.  I forgot to ask.  I was just happy to get them done in time.

No comments: