I looked through ALL 354 previous posts to make sure I never posted these pictures before. I couldn't find that I had, but, if for some reason I did, please forgive me. This bedroom, well, at least the bed, was so pretty it deserves a second look.
As pretty as it is and as nice as it turned out, the process of getting it to this point was not so fun. The fabric for the panels is sheer, my least favorite kind of fabric to work with. And as if that wasn't enough, the tabs had to actually work. The canopy was permanently together, so faking it wasn't an option.
The funny thing is when I measured and figured out how much fabric we would need and how many buttons and tabs (96!) there would be, I somehow 'forgot' that if I needed 96 buttons, that meant I would have to make 96 buttonholes! Yikes, that's a whole lot of buttonholes! Not to mention 96 buttons to sew on.
The end result was worth it. It gave a romantic feel to an otherwise not-so-romantic bedroom, which is why I have only pictures of the bed.