Friday, August 8, 2014

4TH TIME'S THE CHARM?

This is the fourth slipcover I've made for this chaise.  With 3 large dogs, slipcovers are a way of life for Kim Kelly.  And linen is one of her favorite fabrics in the world.


This is a tiny black and white check, though the entire time I was working with it, I kept thinking it was a dark navy blue.  I also kept thinking what a nice dress it would make.



In her house, it indeed looks like it's black.


I did the small ruffle on the cushion in place of welting.  I also made the skirt a little less gathered than I normally do.


In its new home.


Same chaise, earlier cover.


And this was the very first slipcover I did for it.  I do not have a picture of the other one, the one that Kim sent home with me in April so that I could take it apart and use it as the pattern to make the new one.

No comments: