Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Valances

The other pictures from the big installation last week.  This valance is in the pantry.  The valance below is one of two in the great room.  The one in the kitchen looks the same as the pantry except it is in the same fabric as those in the great room.
The funny thing about window treatments, which I personally do not like (go figure), is that they can add so much to a room without being intrusive.  Take these valances, for example.  All they really do is add some color and 'finish' the room without taking over.  They are not blocking any light or taking away from the view.  So even if I like bare windows, I will continue to make them for my clients because I can see the difference they make in a space.  It kind of takes it from just a house to a warm and inviting home.  

1 comment:

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What great valances. I too don't like to have my windows covered, but they look like something is missing. These add just the right amount of color and take away that naked feel. Great job. I've enjoyed surfing through your blog. THank you for visiting me so I could find you!