Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Part 3 Of The Really Big Job

This is the master bedroom.  I did the headboard cover, the pillows shams (both in the black and white silk gingham,) the duvet cover (just like the ones in her daughters' room,) and the box pleated bed skirt.  That skirt took me three days to pleat.  Literally.  Partly because I didn't know what I was doing and partly because she wanted the pleats to be 2 1/2" or 3 1/2" exactly and I couldn't seem to work it out so that it was the right size.  Anyway, it turned out very well, but what a pain.The headboard and shams.
After doing this skirt, I finally understood why box pleated skirts cost so much more than tailored or even gathered.  They are a ton more work.
This chair in the bathroom was basically just decorative.  If you notice it dips in the seat area.  That's because there isn't a cushion there.  She just really liked the way the chair looked in the bathroom and putting a "doily-like" cover over it allowed her to keep it.

No comments: