Thursday, January 14, 2010

WHITE DUCK CLOTH SLIPCOVERS

Duck cloth is not quite as heavy as denim, but it is just as durable. This is the home of a local La Jolla artist and she liked the look of all the furniture being neutral so that her art work took center stage.
A Victorian sofa gets a new life.
Back view with buttons. Is there any other way for me to do it?


An unexpected pop of color on the back of this wing chair.

By slipcovering all pieces in a room in the same fabric, it unifies the room.

11 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Tamerie
I totally agree about keeping the decor neutral so that the art can shine. Also convenient for people like me who like to change the accents colours around a lot..

You know I really like this 'duck cloth'... It seems to have a great fall to it..

PS Why don't we all go to Italy!!! hehe xxx Julie

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I love the unified look. Just gorgeous!!

And I used to embellish my jeans! But that's a long time ago.

Winchester Manor said...

What an awesome look and another fabulus job my friend! Is there anything you can't do?

Love and hugs,
Karyn

Julie Marie said...

Hi Tamerie, so pretty! Those buttons on the backs are just about your trademark now aren't they? They look so beautiful... I would love to have that be my studio! xoxo Julie Marie

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Absolutely gorgeous slip covers!
Happy day.
xojanis

TUTU Monkey said...

Looks great!! I like the covers against that fun floor!!

Nice work.... as always!!

beachvintage.com said...

Looks like a great fabric Tamerie. I have never felt it. Must have been great to see the end result.

NicNacManiac said...

You are such a creative soul! This room looks fabulous!!
Big Hugs xOxO Nerina

angie said...

Lovely as usual. Would love to have you join my slipcover show-off link party this Saturday

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh great job and yes your signature buttons are there!

Lovely weekend,
xxxx

Ragamuffin Gal said...

So elegant and beautiful!