This is what I call a fancy, ruffly curtain. The challenge with this window is it's a dormer and the ceiling makes it impossible to mount the rod any higher than just above the frame. Plus figuring out how to make a ruffle and welting with a rod pocket gave me fits.
The roman shade on the the window has a shaped bottom edge. It was the first, and last, time I'd ever done that. My client was going to hang a tassel on the center point, but when the shade is closed, the tassel would lay on the window sill. So, she chose to leave it bare.
In the hallway nook, she found a floor sample panel for sale at Calico Corner's. The deal there was there was just the one and it wasn't long enough for this window. The fabric was still available so we ordered more for the bottom and enough to make another panel to match.
Since I had to add fabric to the bottom of the first panel and there was no way to hide that fact, we got the gold check and I made banding which I then sewed over the seam and since just one row would have looked odd, I did 3 rows. Once they were up, there was no way to tell that one had been added on to and the other was made to match.
As I've said several times, it is never easy to correct someone else's mistakes. Neither is it easy to copy someone else's work. It worked out here because my client understood the challenges and was willing to allow me to do what was necessary to get the desired result.