Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'M IN THE SEPTEMBER BETTER HOMES and GARDENS!

I received a call this morning from a woman in Michigan.  She informed me that she had seen the white denim slipcovers I made and that she wanted to order some.  She also told me that what she had seen was in the September issue of Better Homes and Gardens.  So I went to the store to check it out.
Okay, the pictures aren't great for actually seeing the slipcovers.  I was a little baffled as to what made her call from these shots.  I looked in the Resource section and, sure enough, my name and phone number, which they got right, and the name of my business, which they messed up, were there.  I guess getting my name and number are more important than the name of my company, right?
The ottoman shows pretty well in this shot, though not as good as if I took the picture!  When magazines come to photograph your home, they have an idea in mind and unless the article is specifically about me, my work is secondary to the story.  Still, it is nice to see something I've done published.
I took these shots (above and below) after I delivered the finished slipcovers.  I was hoping that the magazine would have a better pictures.  And they do, just not of what I wanted.


I have also been informed that another job I did is also out now.  I haven't been able to find the magazine yet, but as soon as I do, I'll be posting those pictures, too.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Congrats! I'm so happy that you received recognition for your beautiful work!

Blondie's Journal said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you. I find it odd that the magazine doesn't inform you that they are featuring one of your pieces. Oh well, it's still marvelous news!

xoxo
Jane

Valerie said...

That's fantastic, Tamerie, especially since you actually received a referral from the article! Wow. It really looks beautiful. Good work!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Still cool! I guess magazines don't let you know when they feature you!