Wednesday, September 8, 2010


I finally got this chair and ottoman finished.  I think I originally cut them at the end of May.  I did have other jobs ahead of them, but it was never supposed to take as long as it did.  If it wasn't for my back, they would have been completed about 2 months sooner.  Luckily, every single one of my clients has or has had back trouble themselves and were beyond understanding of my predicament.  I have always had, and continue to have, the best clients.
It's always a bit of a gamble when you send people out the get their own fabric.  What seems obvious to me is not always the case with everyone else.  You cannot tell from the photos, but the fabric is a kind of almost open-weave, gauzy synthetic.  Not really a first choice of mine for slipcovers.
I think I am making it sound much worse than it really is.  It's not bad and shrinkage will definitely not be a problem.
In any case, my client was happy with the end result.
And, really, even with a less than desirable fabric, the 'afters' are so much better than the 'befores.'  I forgot to take a picture of the chair, but you can see it in the background.
Her lamp also got a new slipcover.  This did not photograph very well.  In person, it looks much less like a silk sack and more like a lamp shade slipcover. As with the furniture, the finished product is a vast improvement, even if it doesn't show that way in this picture.


angie said...

Tamerie, so glad to see you back. I do hope your back problems will be a thing of the past. Do take car of yourself.

Blondie's Journal said...

Beautiful job, as always. Hope your back is doing okay.


Bryanna Lenan said...

Hi glad your back... and your last post... "GOOD FRIENDS"... that photo of you and your friend in 2001... wow!! KNOCK OUTS!!! You are so pretty!!

I hope to see you soon!!


The Homesteading Apartment said...

Looks great!! I love slipcovers and the flexibility it gives. I'd love to be able to sew them myself, but alas, my skills are not THAT great (: