Friday, November 26, 2010

FABULOUS WING CHAIRS


 I think these may be the BEST slipcovers I have ever done!  They certainly were not the easiest, but they sure did turn out amazingly well.  And, most importantly, my client was beyond thrilled!


 It is hard to tell in the photos, but the main fabric is a hot pink (fake) ultra suede.  Suede isn't exactly hard to work with and it sews nicely.  It is just hard to pin.  I have some very sore fingers.  This is when the leather thimble is a necessary notion.
 This is the same client I did the green slipcovers for a while back and there wasn't enough of that fabric, so I used white on one side of the cushions.  Well, the white on these slipcovers is the same white from that job.  It works well for large pieces, but making the small pleated ruffle around the top was very challenging.
 It sure does look good though.  I'd say it was worth all the difficulty.

My favorite part - the backs.  I especially love the pink buttons on the white skirt.
 And these two pictures show the original chairs.

And don't forget to enter my sea star necklace giveaway!

4 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hi Tamerie... love those chairs! Hot pink is a favorite of mine, and I too love the hot pink buttons on the white on the backs of the chairs... xoxo Julie Marie

Jackie said...

Hi! Love the covers!! The detailing is brilliant!!
Jackie

La Donna Welter said...

Love this!

beachvintage.com said...

Oh my goodness however did you manage that frill!