Wednesday, November 17, 2010

MORE VELVET

 As if the velvet, or make that, the challenging velvet slipcover I posted about last time wasn't enough, I am currently doing another.  This velvet is just the same - a big, fat pain to work with.  I had not done a velvet slipcover in forever, but that seems to be the way it goes.  Sometimes all I do is white denim or white linen.  Now, apparently, it's velvet.  Anyone else want to drive me a little crazy?  Just choose a velvet and ask me to do a slipcover!



 It looks relatively harmless cut on the loveseat, doesn't it?  Well, let me tell you, in case you did not already know, looks CAN be deceiving!  Because it is such a pain, the actual construction is taking me far longer than it should.  I'll post a picture of the finished slipcover just as soon as I get it done and delivered. 

Just a reminder:  There is still time to enter my Vintage Christmas Stocking Giveaway.  I'll be drawing 2 names on Friday at some point.  That gives you plenty of time to leave a comment to be included. If you don't want or need the stockings yourself, they would make a great gift.

3 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Tamerie... I love velvet and your slipcovers are so beautiful!... wishing you a gorgeous day!... xoxo Julie Marie

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Tamerie, how fun! I was leaving you a comment at the EXACT time you left me one! We are one hour ahead of you on the time... xoxo Julie Marie

angie said...

Sorry about the run of velvet! Hope I don't see any soon. The worst fabric I've encountered so far was a stretchy chenille. What a pain! I hated the finished slipcover; but client loved it. Guess that is all that counts.