Thursday, September 29, 2011

THE COOLEST THING -- MAYBE EVER

 I took this picture with my new camera (thanks, Bill!) a couple of weeks ago.  The orchids were awfully pretty on their own, but you know me and Photoshop.

This is one of the versions I came up with.  Not entirely sure how I got the colors this way, but I was thrilled with it.  The others were pretty nice, too.

This, though, is what is so cool:  I had fabric made with my photo!  Most everyone has probably heard of Spoonflower, the web site that allows you to make your own fabric.  Well, I finally decided to give it a try.  I am beyond happy with the results.  The best part is I can now offer custom fabric for my custom home furnishings!  Just imagine the possibilities - personalized, custom toiles; your own dog or cat or child on fabric for a favorite chair; your favorite picture from a trip forever memorialized on a duvet cover;  vintage photo draperies.  The possibilities are endless.  I am so excited about this.  All I need is a photo to begin the process.

No comments: