Thursday, September 15, 2011

ELEGANT ISLAND LIVING

Kim Kelly and Bella Rustica are at it again.  To get the entire story, go to her blog and read about the transformation of her new house on Saint Simons Island, Georgia.  The small part I played in the renovation is captured in the pictures below.  Although I haven't seen it in person yet, Kim's style is recognizable anywhere and, though it now has some beach touches that she didn't really use in her house here in Coronado, it is still pure Kim Kelly!

This is a shot from the living room into the kitchen, where the burlap (yes, burlap!) roman shade that I made is sort of visible.  Talk about a pain to sew.  Personally, I can't stand burlap to begin with.  I know a lot of people love it, but it's scratch-y and it comes in colors I am not crazy about.  And it is hard to sew.  It shifts and sheds and is generally more of a challenge than I like.  Still, when she ask me to do it, of course, I said, YES!  

 Here you can just see the bottom of the shade, but what's really cool is her new sink.  Love it!
 Another view of said burlap roman shade.

 Living room with ottoman I did before she left for Georgia.
Linen duvet cover on bed.


2 comments:

Maija said...

OMG- I love that burlap roman shade!! What a great idea!! You always do such fab work Tamarie!!

angie said...

I totally understand about burlap! Can't stand to work with it. The smell alone makes me sick.