Friday, January 3, 2014

HAPPY 2014

I know, I know, I've said it several times before and I have to say it again--it has been almost 6 months (how can that be?) since I last posted, and, really, I have no excuse except I simply did not do it.  It was not a priority.  The truth is I used to be really good at posting just about every other day, and then in July of 2010 I threw my back out and ever since then I have never been able to get back in a routine of regularly posting on this blog.  And then I had other traumatic stuff happen and, well, my focus was on getting myself healed and back on a more positive track.  Now, for 2014, my resolution is to recommit myself to this blog and, for those of you who follow my other one as well (www.atlonglastheard.com) which has also suffered from lack of focus.  I decided that, at least initially, I'll post once a week, on Fridays for A Little of This That and the Other and every other week on Wednesdays for At Long Last Heard.  I know it is just a matter of getting into the habit again.

I also had this crazy idea that every post needs to be long and involved, with lots of pictures.  How silly is that?  If I want to post just one photo or one simple paragraph, then that's what I'll do.  And today's post will be just that:




I did this cushion just before Christmas for a nursery.  The baby, a boy, is due the beginning of January.  The fabric is a flannel, meant for pajamas, not for a cushion cover, so I felt I had to line it with duck cloth to give it the necessary strength.  I even went so far as to line the welting.  Normally, I wouldn't have done that, but it was only about 4 yards and I figured, why not?




No comments: