Tuesday, February 10, 2009

SEWING CLASS AND THE FAERIES

Yesterday, I had two additional girls for my regular Monday afternoon sewing class.  I decided the girls should make angels or faeries.  All chose to make faeries.  I even got an extra doll body so that I could make one as well.  I was too busy helping them to even attempt to make my own.
There really wasn't a lot of sewing involved, though their hand sewing skills were necessary.
When I had the idea to have them make angels (I didn't realize that it's faeries that are all the rage now.) I pictured flowing, full, long skirts made from the lace, tulle and organza I brought.  Of course all the girls had their own ideas of what her particular faery should look like.
 Each one was completely different and they all turned out great!  

3 comments:

Swoon with Deb Hodge said...

They turned out sooooo cute!!!
XOXO Deb

Unknown said...

These turned out beautifully! How old are the girls you are working with? My Olivia is seven and she just jumps in on the machine and sews away but has had no real formal teaching....I love watching her create things....Melinda

Anonymous said...

i made one