Sunday, June 28, 2009

ANOTHER CHALLENGING CHAIR

This is the front view of one of two arm chairs my client wanted a slipcover for. Given the style, the slipcover has to be in two pieces.
Back view
The chair looks completely different with its new slipcover.
Tabs with covered buttons connect the skirt pieces together at the front and back corners.
Side/back view.
Because the chair has arms, I had to use snaps under the arms to keep the back cover in place.

Back view with both pieces of the new slipcover. I used covered buttons up the back, although once you unsnap the under arms, it just slips right off. Again, these buttons are strictly decorative and I used them mainly to tie the button tabs on the bottom piece to the top piece.
This slipcover is a good example of wanting a lighter look for summer, but not wanting to have the chair reupholstered.

1 comment:

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Tamerie,

What a transformation! I would not have thought that a slipcover would work on this type of chair. You're brilliant! Beautiful work, I love the buttons too.

Hugs,
Karyn