Monday, June 8, 2009

THE DAY AFTER MARKET IN THE GARDEN

This was the mannequin that greeted attendees of yesterday's 
Marche dans le Jardin.  We had a beautiful day, weather-wise.  The sky definitely looked a little iffy in the morning, but mother nature came through and we had sunshine and blue skies.  We also had 100's and 100's of people come to our event.  There were lots of times that walking was rather difficult.  We did have a limited amount of space, but, all-in-all, it was a smashing success for all participants.  In the end, there were 19 vendors and a huge range of lovely items for sale.  There was truly something for everyone.
Pillows, pillows and more pillows:  vintage Coronado postcards and a very large red and white polka dot pillow
Glossy black frames and my 'spider' stool
Sea star and beach glass necklaces
My pink boy mannequin serving as model for my necklaces
I shared my booth space with Valerie Hebert.
More of Valerie's felted children's sweaters and matching twirly skirts.
Another view of our booth
A couple of Valerie's prints
Old-fashioned pot holders.  I used to make these as a little girl and sell them door to door: 1 for fifteen cents, 2 for a quarter!  Now the loops come in much cooler colors.  Unfortunately, they are slightly more expensive these days.  Still, they are the best pot holders at any price.
Valerie's bags

I took over 100 pictures yesterday of all the vendor booths.  I will share them over the next week.  What I realized as I went through them this morning was I took no pictures of the actual vendors, only their stuff. 
 Oh well.  

9 comments:

Winchester Manor said...

Tamerie,

Everything looked so beautiful! And the mannequin that greeted everyone is stunning. Glad the turnout for the event was fantastic and your booth looked gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Zinnia's on Melrose said...

Tamerie, is was a blast as always. I love hanging out with you all. We didn't get to mingle much, but next time we will. I hope it was a great day for you. And your items were beautiful. Were the Coronado postcard pillows yours? they were so beautiful. I loved them.
HUgs, Tricia

Maija said...

Looks like it rocked!!!!

Tristan Robin said...

Everything looks terrific - I hope you sold out!

Domestic Bliss & FOUND said...

I am so sorry that we didn't have time to talk more- the whole day was a blur! So many wonderful artistic women~ you all are so blessed to have one another and such inspiring settings to soak in everyday.
HOpe to see you soon.
xoxo-K

TUTU Monkey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Tell Mickey and Minnie HI!!

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Tamerie...it's me again!

Just wanted to drop by and say hello and to let you know that I left an award for you over at my place...hope you're having a great day!

Janet said...

Everything looks fantastic! I had a chuckle when I saw the potholders. I just bought one of the looms (I used to make them years ago) and the loops were so small and tight that the potholder I made was more like a mini-potholder!! Nothing like they used to be!

Valerie said...

Tamerie, you are just the best blogger! Thank you for posting these wonderful photos of our booth. You did such a better job than I of taking photos. It was a great day, and I'm happy I got to share it with YOU!
xo