Thursday, August 20, 2009

ORCHIDS








I took most of these pictures in Hawaii. In case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, I love taking pictures of flowers! And I love flowers, though I am not a gardener (I am allergic to bees) and I do not like to get my hands dirty. I know I could wear gloves, but I don't like the way they feel. A little strange, perhaps. Still, I am content to take pictures of other people's flowers. The thing I most like about orchids is they don't look real, with all of the strange shapes and colors they come in. They are truly a magnificent creation.

10 comments:

My Shabby Roses said...

They are so beautiful. One of God's many beautiful creations.

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

they're all beautiful - but that peach-y colour knocks my socks off!

Bryanna Lenan said...

So pretty... and I, too, am allergic to bees!! So I stay away but Iove all your photos. My favs are sunflowers... all flowers really are magnificent!!

The Attic said...

All so beautiful..hard to pick a favorite!

June said...

Hi Tamerie,
These pictures and the pictures of the hibiscus are so beautiful. I love how papery the hibiscus look.
Oh, I really love your new white beauty that you finished too. I hope your fingers heal quickly too.
Hugs,
June

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Tamerie, they are beautiful... as creative as you are, I'll bet you would have a beautiful garden...I love to garden... (I don't like bee stings either though)...

Dustjacket Attic said...

They are so gorgeous, love them.
xoxo

Maya said...

Funny that you say "they don't look real"..., that's what I thought when I saw the first pictures..., "are these real", I wondered. They are incredibly gorgeous! And I don't do gardening either.

NicNacManiac said...

I think I love the last picture because they kind of remind me of absolutely beautiful spiders, if there is such a thing!!

sandra Lee said...

I love that you can find beauty in gardening by loving others flowers! It is so nurturing...