I frequently have to remind myself that I get the jobs I do because I am able to do them, even when they are a big, fat pain. This job is one of those that I put off and put off because, though not hard, it is a difficult one just the same. The white wrought iron chair above is the 'before' picture. It does look harmless enough.
This is the 'after' seat cover slip.
The back view.
And the close-up of the ties. The bad thing is that the cushion underneath shows through in a couple of places. Oh well. It is a slipcover, not a new cushion. Anyway, the reason this job was such a pain was that my client started it herself. She went to the fabric store, got a pattern and fabric, cut everything out and attempted to make them. Problem was she didn't actually measure the seat size. The thing about patterns for home sewing is there is no such thing as a standard size for most everything. You can't just pick out a pattern that looks like your chair and have any hope that it will actually fit. And that's what happened here. So again, this was one of those jobs where I was fixing what someone else had done incorrectly. In the end, they weren't nearly as bad to fix as I had made them out to be in my mind. Still, starting from scratch is ALWAYS the preferred way to work.