These were my very first slipcovers ever. (To get the full story, you can check out my post from 19 December 2008.) I'll just say here that I truly had no idea what I was doing. I just faked it really well.
This is the first sofa I did. Ever! Again, it looks pretty good.
And this, one of a pair, has the distinction of being my first chair. What isn't apparent is how bad they actually were. This was long before I had a serger and I didn't even zigzag the edges. I'm pretty sure I didn't pre-wash the fabric either. About a year after I did these (all for the same client,) and had by then done more than 50 slipcovers, I really wanted to call up my client and tell her if she bought new fabric, I would remake all her slipcovers. I never did, but it has always bothered me that the work I did then was less than good. I did the best I could with what I knew (which wasn't much) and I definitely learned along the way. Still, those slipcovers haunt me.