The year was 1994. This is the first wing chair slipcover I ever made. At this point, I probably had only made, maybe, 10 or 12 slipcovers. It was in the shop I sewed for and I cut it right there. Now, it doesn't really bother me if someone watches me work; then, was a different story. It made me nervous and I almost always messed up. I didn't let the client know that, but it happened just the same. Anyway, I cut this slipcover and then took it home and made it. When I came back to install it, I wondered where the pleats on the front had gone. Turned out I accidently did the pleats at the welting from the arm fronts instead of at the corners of the deck. No one seemed to notice and I sure didn't point it out. I never did it again, though.
This sofa was a challenge all the way around. First, the skirt had a 2" band of the contrast fabric. (Looking at the picture now, I'm not even sure how I did it.)
Secondly, when I cut the slipcover, for some unknown reason, I cut the back and outside arm pieces higher than I should have. The result was a skirt that was two different lengths. It sure wasn't an easy thing to do and it was all my own fault. No doubt someone was watching me as I cut!
Again, I did not point this out to my client. I just acted like the way I did it was normal. Truth is, they probably never noticed and if I would have brought attention to it, well, nothing good would have come from that. I kept my mouth shut and learned another lesson. Never did this again, either!