Friday, June 11, 2010

SLEEPER SOFA

A blue chambray linen and a rose damask are the fabrics used in this slipcover.  I did this a very long time ago, and, at the time, this rose fabric was quite popular and available in many color ways.
The welting on the side throw pillows is shirred.  This is a style that used to be popular and I am hoping it never is again.  It's mostly a big, fat pain to do and uses a lot of fabric.
I used the rose fabric for the welting on everything.
And most of the welting was 'normal.'  
And since this was a sleeper, I had to do a zipper in the deck.  This way you can get the bed out without having to take the entire slipcover off.  Making a zipper do two 90 degree angles is always a challenge, but it's the only way with a hide-a-bed.  Luckily, I don't have to do this very often.

3 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Tamerie... thanks for visiting today! That Rose Damask is so pretty... do they still make that kind of fabric... I would love something like that in a pretty pink colored pillow! xoxo Julie Marie

Tristan Robin said...

That is so nice - I so wish I were near you so you could make my slipcover for my sofa (no, I still haven't started LOL).

angie said...

Hi Tamerie, and happy late birthday. Have you tried using velcro for the sleepers? Contact me and I can tell you how.