Thursday, December 16, 2010


 When my client asked me to replace the covers over her outdoor cushions (you know, the kind that are made out of the almost plastic-y fabric that have a bend in them so that the seat and back are together in one cushion) that are on the chairs in front of her shop here in Coronado, I balked.  The covers that were on (and falling apart) the cushions at that point had (gasp) velcro for a closure.  Have I ever mentioned I HATE velcro?  Not only do I hate it, my sewing machine hates it as well.  I avoid it like the plague.  
So I figured out an easier, and I think, better way.  I used little ties instead.  It becomes a part of the design of the cover and looks waaaaay better than velcro ever could.  This cover was actually pretty simple.  It has a mock-box at the bottom to give the cover a more fitted look without making a boxed cover, which probably wouldn't bend the way it needs to.  My client was happy, I was happy, and, most importantly, my sewing machine was happy!

1 comment:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

very nice - love the citrus-y fabric - and the ties are a terrific alternative to velcro (which I also hate).