Thursday, December 16, 2010

AN EASIER WAY

 When my client asked me to replace the covers over her outdoor cushions (you know, the kind that are made out of the almost plastic-y fabric that have a bend in them so that the seat and back are together in one cushion) that are on the chairs in front of her shop here in Coronado, I balked.  The covers that were on (and falling apart) the cushions at that point had (gasp) velcro for a closure.  Have I ever mentioned I HATE velcro?  Not only do I hate it, my sewing machine hates it as well.  I avoid it like the plague.  
So I figured out an easier, and I think, better way.  I used little ties instead.  It becomes a part of the design of the cover and looks waaaaay better than velcro ever could.  This cover was actually pretty simple.  It has a mock-box at the bottom to give the cover a more fitted look without making a boxed cover, which probably wouldn't bend the way it needs to.  My client was happy, I was happy, and, most importantly, my sewing machine was happy!

1 comment:

Tristan Robin said...

very nice - love the citrus-y fabric - and the ties are a terrific alternative to velcro (which I also hate).