Thursday, December 9, 2010

THE OTHER VELVET SLIPCOVER (FINALLY)

 I'm kind of embarrassed to say how long it took me to get this delivered.  I finished it the week BEFORE Thanksgiving and just took it yesterday to my client.  I forgot about it because I put it in the guest room and, for me, out of sight tends to mean out of mind.  Plus, when I finish something, in my own mind, it's done and delivered, even if it's sitting in my guest room.
 This velvet was no easier than the other one.  At least, though, there wasn't a skirt, so I didn't have to worry about lining.  I did a 1 1/2" ruffle at the bottom instead.  If you click on the picture, you can see the detail better.
 I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to button it (like the other one I had to fix) that I made it slightly looser than I wanted to.  Still, it doesn't look bad.
My client was happy and that's all that matters!

DON'T FORGET MY TREE SKIRT GIVEAWAY.  YOU ANOTHER WEEK TO ENTER THE DRAWING.


3 comments:

angie said...

That looks so cute! What is up with all the velvet lately?

Tristan Robin said...

what a lovely piece...but sewing all that velvet - ugh.

I remember from my costuming days, velvet is to be avoided at all costs LOL - the only thing worse is (shudder) jersey.

you deserve extra credit! LOL

TUTU Monkey said...

So cute!!! You did a great job!!