Monday, March 9, 2009

SLIPCOVERS WITH FLAT FLANGE WELTING

For something a little different, these slipcovers have a flat flange welting instead of the traditional welting.  It is made exactly the same way, except there is no cording inside, it is just ironed flat.  It gives the furniture a more contemporary look.  The only thing I don't like about it is,  because there is no cording inside the welting, the stability that the welting normally gives to the cushions and the base of the slipcover isn't there.  It really isn't an issue since there are plenty of cushions that don't have any welting at all.  What is boils down to is personal preference.  And the look you are going for with your slipcovers.
This chair also has the flange welting, though it is a little harder to tell in this photo.  Again, it just gives a slightly different look to the piece.

Both this chair and the sofa slipcovers were made for a shop in Chicago.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Hi Tamerie,

Ohhh, I LIKE the flat welting. It's a bit more unstructured and floppy. Looks great on that couch!

Thank you for your wonderful posts on my blog. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate them, and you, for commenting like you do. Makes me feel like I'm not just talking into thin air :o)

Also, I hope you will let me know when your next Miguel's lunch is. I'd love to meet your crafty friends!

Have a great Monday,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

I never would have thought of flat welting. Love it!
Your work is so beautiful!!

Hugs!

Michelle