Wednesday, October 7, 2009

COLORFUL HOUSES OF CORONADO

This is (now, was) my favorite house in Coronado! It was featured on HGTV several years ago. The inside is just as colorful and there is nothing that is safe from being covered in paint. And by nothing, I mean nothing. The frig, stove, toilets, everything has been painted. I guess some people (neighbors, but who asked them?) weren't crazy about all the color.
They have now toned it down. Personally I liked it better before, but this is still nice and colorful.
Closer view of the front of the house. Love the bright pink chairs on the balcony. And the bright green posts, well, for any of you who don't already know, that green is my favorite color and has been since 1968!
Even the sidewalk is painted!
A 'Painted Lady'
The house next door to this one is also a Victorian, but it is only cream, so it did not qualify for this post.
Just the front door of this house is painted in pretty lilac. (This is the house that got the orange slipcovers.)
Only the window trim is painted, but I think it adds so much to an otherwise not-so-interesting house.
Love the green gate!
So pretty!
A bright blue house.

I am always walking or riding my bike around the island, so I see all the houses and the ones that really stand out to me are the colorful ones. I may have missed a few others, but these are the ones I really like.

12 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Oooh Tamerie, those are so beautiful! I wish I was riding my bike around the island with you! I love it when people aren't afraid to do their own thing... my very favorite one is the Painted Lady! Bisous... Julie Marie

Maya@Completely Coastal said...

The houses are awesome! What a great neighborhood. I must say..., it is my dream to live in a neighborhood like that some day -in a warmer climate than New England, right by the beach where I can get around by bike, and everything is more or less within walking distance.

Laurel said...

Hi Tamerie- How cool!!!!There is an area in SF where the row of victorians are called the painted ladies! I love color -I love funky. I think it depends on where you live also- sometimes the natural settings need subtle hues but coranado seems like a place that would scream COLOR! Sausalito here as well would do well with the pop.
We did have a neighbor one time that painted the house such a blue that it glowed at night! It was a little toxic:)
Love to you Friend!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Tamerie
I do like that Victorian house with the widows walk.. do they have a view from up there?

Well I think your lifestyle sounds ideal.. healthy and happy. Today , although spring our weather is cold again so I am longing for the warmth. Have a great day xx Julie

Valerie said...

Hi Tamerie,
Funny, I know at least two of those home owners, including the one with the slipcovers. Lucky lady!! I couldn't resist thinking how perfect your car would look with that first house!

beachvintage.com said...

Loving the bright blue house.

NicNacManiac said...

Oh Tamerie, now I know why you walk or bike everywhere...such vivid eye candy!! You are so fortunate to have all of this beauty so close to your home..must make you smile everyday!!

Serena Lewis said...

LOVE them...and I fully agree, colour makes a huge difference! I would love to have seen the interior of the first house.

Petit Coterie said...

Love them! Very colorful but fun, thanks for sharing!
xo, Michelle

Janet said...

These are beautiful....I especially like the lilac door but you knew I would! You definitely live in a gorgeous part of the world.

Unknown said...

You sure like bright colors! Those houses are at least unique :)

Sandy xox

Unknown said...

I love the blue one!