Friday, October 16, 2009

YOU'D THINK I LIKE HALLOWEEN

This is me, in about 1978. My picture was actually on the front page of the Atlanta Constitution. The face painting was done at an art fair.
This is about 1984. I can't remember why I had my eye painted.
And this was last June, at Disneyland. Apparently, having my face painted is something I've always liked!
Remember these photo booths? The summer I lived in Wildwood, New Jersey, I worked in the boardwalk mall and this booth was across from the sea shell shop where I worked. When it was slow and they had no customers, I'd go over and they'd take my picture. It always made people want to have it done when someone else was doing it. This was my 'sweet' picture.
This was my not-so-sweet shot. Funny, I don't even look like the same person. I was 19 and look about 12.
Halloween my freshman year at the University of Tampa. I was an angel and this is when I learned to never put glitter in your hair. It took months to finally be gone.
You can read on the bottom of the polaroid what this was from. I wish I had found this picture before I had to do my mask for the mask swap. It might have helped me out. I do not remember who the guy is. Just someone on the shoot.
And this is the mask that Nicole made for the mask swap at Atistic Affaire.

It's obvious that I like to dress up and to have my face painted, but, believe it or not, I really don't like Halloween. I'm not sure why. I think I've decided it's the colors that I don't care for and somehow that makes me not like Halloween. When I break down each aspect of it, candy, costumes, ghosts, witches, etc. there is nothing I don't like. That just leaves the colors. Strange, I know. I am probably the only person who doesn't like it. Oh well.

17 comments:

The Attic Girls said...

That first pic is amazing! Oh yes...I have those "old time" photos somewhere in a drawer...they always made you show some leg! LOL...

Winchester Manor said...

Oh how fun Tamerie! I loved seeing all the photos of you and you look gorgeous in all of them. I remember the old time photos and I always looked pissed off in them...Oh well, I model I'm not!

So I guess you won't be coming to my Halloween party next year? You can come as a rainbow...I know how you love your colors!

Big Hugs,
Karyn

Julie Marie said...

Hello Tamerie, I love all of those photos, you look beautiful in each one! I think you really DO like Halloween! You are so pretty! Bisous... Julie Marie

Clarity said...

I thought the first picture was from a 70's photoshoot and of a model. Breathtaking. You have this look that is ageless and mysterious.
The college one reminded me instantly of my uni days without reading the caption, fun!
You are very photogenic.
Thank you for sharing these lovely old pictures.

Jen Beaudet said...

I love the old photos! It seems you do like having your face painted!:)Those "old time" photo booths were so cool. Somehow I never got to do one! I lived near Knotts Berry Farm in L.A. and I always wanted to get dressed up in the old fashioned clothes. Maybe someday!

TUTU Monkey said...

Love the first picture!!(....and all of the pictures too)

I would love to have my face painted once a month!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Tamerie~

I can't remember ever having my face painted but I am pretty good at DOING the face painting. I was elected to be the artist at our block parties and the kids would line up in droves. I'd sit for hours while everyone else was having a great time!!

I am a lot like you about Halloween. Even as a child, I was a bit more afraid than everyone else. Now, I just really get in to fall and while I like to hand out candy and see all the children dressed up having fun...nothing could get me to a costume party.

Love all your photos. I can't believe how much alike our hair is!! lol!

xoxo
Jane

The Vintage Rabbit said...

Such great pictures and memories Tammerie!! You have'nt aged a bit!!!

Thanks for sharing those with us!!
Hope you have a Great weekend!!

ox,
Joy~

Janet said...

Those are some great photos! And you're not alone....I'm not a big fan of Halloween either.

ReluctantYankee said...

Tamerie..you are beautiful! I love your photos! Thank God you were smart enough to realize how important it is to record your life with pictures..I, however, was not. :( The only records I have of my past are locked away in my brain...wearing fishnet stockings, big hair, leather mini skirts and too much make-up - yes, I was an 80's headbanger. :) Hope to see more!!

Maya said...

I never had the desire to dress up at all, and really don't care much about Halloween either. The face paintings look pretty though.

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh just loved looking at these cool snaps.

So beautiful.
xoxo

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Gorgeous pictures. Fun!

Valerie said...

Tamerie, I have never even painted my face, but I'd be tempted to after looking at all your photos! I love the first one most, but they are all fantastic. Will you be painting your face this Halloween?!

Unknown said...

Hey girl! I just got your beautiful creation in the mail0thank you! I sure hope the fog clears up soon! I love the piece Maija sent you! I went to wildwood New Jersey and did the western picture as well. I wonder if you were there at the time. Small world!

Hugs!
Sandy

Unknown said...

I love all your pictures...so fun to look at the younger you...I noticed the curls by the way...It looks like you had fun when Ed was here....good for you...I love the tutu dolls too! sooo pretty........

NicNacManiac said...

You always looks so elegant and have not aged a bit!!