Monday, October 5, 2009

COLORFUL SLIPCOVERS FOR FALL

I've just come from delivering two different jobs. This first one was to Orange Blossoms. The rusty, peeling, white iron bench was in need of a cushion. Peggy, the owner of the shop, decided on black and white polka dot with hot pink welting.
The pink absolutely makes the cushion pop!
Oscar seems to like it, too! No matter what we did, we could not get him to sit for the picture.
Look familiar? This is just a reminder of what the original chair looks like.
My client decided she wanted new slipcovers for these chairs. I did predominately white covers back in June.
Back view. No buttons this time.
The pair of chairs in her living room. She has already told me she is on the lookout for a winter fabric. This time I got smart and made a permanent pattern, so I don't keep needing her chair to make the new covers. I may be a little slow, but I eventually figure these things out!

15 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the rusty old bench!! You might have to update your tetanus vaccine before sitting on it, but I do like it a lot. Your slipcover is fabulous! The black and bright pink look really good together.

I like how your second client changes her mind. She's too much like me! I like your work, Tamerie!

Have a wonderful week!

xoxo
Jane

Julie Marie said...

Hi Tamerie, I love what you did with the slipcovers. The polka dot ones are my favorite, and little Oscar is adorable!!! Bisous... Julie Marie

beachvintage.com said...

I love both of these projects but I have to say those orange chairs are just stunning.

Unknown said...

WOW I love the polka dot fabric with pink trim that the store chose!You you did an awesome job with that orange fabric I was admiring in your living room too!

The Attic Girls said...

Oscar is stealing the show there! hahaha..love the rusty bench with it's new cushion. What a difference a cushion makes!

nanc

TUTU Monkey said...

ooooooo both projects turned out great! That orange is funky!!

Laurel said...

Oh wow! This is the orange you told me about and I love it. The bench is adorable- I have some funky old wrought iron that I would loved to place someplace with a darling cushion like this. Oh I love this!! How do you manage so many projects my friend??
Love to you Sweetie.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Tamerie
The orange and black looks fabulous against the white windows. ps what do they say.. never work with children or animals.. haha x Julie

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Buonasera Tamerie, thank you for your advice on the business cards. Hope to see you at the Barn. Great work on the black and hot pink cover. Ciao

The Vintage Rabbit said...

i love the orange...your work is so amazing Tammerie!!


ox,
Joy~

Janet said...

Love the hot pink against the black and white....great combo.

And those orangeslipcovers are pretty, too....although I also like the chair without them.

{oc cottage} said...

WOW! You are amazing!

m ^..^

Valerie said...

Lovely Tamerie. You are my go-to girl for slipcovers!

Serena Lewis said...

OH, that orange fabric is gorgeous! Great job on the slip-covers....if you lived here, I would get you to do one for the three-seater couch in my lounge-room. It's old and was a hand-me-down from my brother many years ago but it's well-made and the most comfy spot in the lounge-room. I've been using draped-over fabric for years now. Maybe one day, I will find the courage to attempt a slip-cover. :)

Mise said...

These are absolutely lovely orange covers, and so neatly done. I'll have to give myself a pep-talk to tackle mine (I can't find anyone who sells covers like these).