Monday, October 26, 2009

LUXE - PHOTO SHOOT




If you've ever had your home shot for a magazine, you know first-hand how the reality of the room or rooms and what shows up in the magazine differ. This house is in Del Mar and I worked on it for over a year. The two rooms I am showing you here are the guest room, which made the magazine, and the master bedroom, which did not. Since I wasn't at the shoot, I do not know what rooms they actually photographed.


This is the guest room and the shot that was in the magazine.


This is how the bed actually looked. I guess they felt the red pillows were too much and replaced them with much more neutral colored ones. At least for the shoot.

View from the bed.
At one point, my client decided that the puddle was too much trouble and asked that I shorten the draperies. (I took this at the installation before I altered them.)
The draperies, the bed drape/canopy and the bathroom were all the same fabric. It was kind of a textured sheer, not horrible to sew on but definitely not my favorite kind of fabric to work with.


All the pictures below are from the master bedroom.

Flanged pillow
Lots of pillows on the bed.

The sleeping pillows hiding behind the shams.
This is in the master dressing area.
In the master bathroom. I also made a cushion for under this window, but that came later and I may not have taken a picture. Or it is someplace else, since it was done at a later date.

Next post - the kids' bedrooms.

4 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hi Tamerie. wow! That is some bedroom... I would love that dressing area! Bisous... Julie Marie

beachvintage.com said...

Wow, its amazing what they do, and edit and even airbrush. I guess they know what is going to sell more magazines??? Who knows..regardless its a wonderful space.

NicNacManiac said...

Photo styling really is an art form all its own. Your wonderful creations are fabulous additions to these charming rooms!!! xOxO

Janet said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous bedroom!