Friday, October 2, 2009

HAUTE HANDBAGS

Finally, I got my copy of the new Haute Handbags! Deb Hodge's yummy bags are on the cover!
It couldn't have happened to a nicer, more gracious, more talented woman! I am so proud of her.
A close-up of some of the details that she uses in her bags. With silk ruffles, matching charms, burlap straps, Deb's bags are so recognizable. Her style is distinct and beautiful! The charms are made by the lovely Rita.
Another unique idea for putting a photo on a bag.
She can put ANY photo you wish on a bag. And Rita can make a matching charm. This picture is a vintage shot of Coronado. How adorable is that?
Another view of the cover shot. The starfish bag is my favorite.
And not only is Deb in this issue, but Val Hebert is as well, with her amazing felted purses.
Each bag is a piece of art. She makes them from recycled wool sweaters.

As you can plainly see, we have some really talented people here in Coronado. I am so happy that both Deb and Val are in this issue. Do yourself a favor and pick it up today.

11 comments:

Julie Marie said...

ooh I love all of those! I am a purse addict! The starfish one is my favorite too, but I really DO love them all! Thanks for sharing! Bisous... Julie Marie

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Congratulations to Val too, I just got back from Jo-ann and got my copy and guess what? I was wearing Debs dress, the ladies loved it and so I showed everybody the magazine. Chat chat chat. Ciao

Blondie's Journal said...

These purses are fabulous!! I have never particularly liked fabric handbags but the 'haute handbags' have made a convert of me!! I like the starfish too and the photo is cute...I would never want one with my kids on it! lol!!

I just came from Julie's and sometimes a comment leads you to a blogger and so here I am, just snooping around, if you don't mind!! May leave a few more comments if time permits...

Have a happy weekend!!

xoxo
Jane

Unknown said...

Oh! what beautiful bags, very original and i love all the details, Have a great weekend!x

Andrea Villarreal said...

I have never bought that magazine. I think the only Stampington one I haven't. But I think I need that!!! Great cover.

Valerie said...

Thank you Tamerie! It is truly a beautiful issue, I agree :o)

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Thanks for the recomendation ~ I will look for it at my favorite bookstore this weekend! Blessings!

Swoon with Deb Hodge said...

Thank you my sweet friend, I love you!
XOXO Deb

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Oh how I love these! They are the perfect mix of elegance and rustic! IT is always fun to see someone who is well deserving get some front page time! Thanks for always visiting me. It warms my heart.

beachvintage.com said...

What wonderful creations. What a wonderful achievement for her. Have a great week.

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

The bag with the photo is very cool!