I've been experimenting with my girls. This, so far, is my favorite. It isn't photographing as pretty as it is in person. I ran out of the aqua tulle, which is why the top of the skirt is white. I actually love it like this. This is the smallest one I've made. She is about half the size of the original pink one I made back in June.
I used the other vintage button from my grandmother on her body. For this one, I just painted the mannequin white before using aqua glitter.
Giant pearls, pink/white paper and a mix of black and silver glitter cover her body.
This green, in person, is much brighter.
I used a green and white toile to cover her body and then a green glitter and hot pink pearls. Again, she is more beautiful in person.
It is hard to see, but this tulle has silver already in it. This one was a little hard to work with, tough not as bad as the organza was. I did have to use band-aids to protect my fingers, but they didn't bleed this time.
Silver glitter and large 'diamonds' complete this girl.
I have gotten the construction down to about 4 hours from the 10-12 the first one took me. These are smaller, which also helps. They still use about 150 yards of tulle though.
I have been advised, by Ed and Jose, that I need to sell these dolls. If I can part with them, they may be going on the auction block soon!