Wednesday, October 14, 2009

TULLE GIRLS

I've been experimenting with my girls. This, so far, is my favorite. It isn't photographing as pretty as it is in person. I ran out of the aqua tulle, which is why the top of the skirt is white. I actually love it like this. This is the smallest one I've made. She is about half the size of the original pink one I made back in June.
I used the other vintage button from my grandmother on her body. For this one, I just painted the mannequin white before using aqua glitter.
Black beauty
Giant pearls, pink/white paper and a mix of black and silver glitter cover her body.
This green, in person, is much brighter.
I used a green and white toile to cover her body and then a green glitter and hot pink pearls. Again, she is more beautiful in person.
It is hard to see, but this tulle has silver already in it. This one was a little hard to work with, tough not as bad as the organza was. I did have to use band-aids to protect my fingers, but they didn't bleed this time.
Silver glitter and large 'diamonds' complete this girl.

I have gotten the construction down to about 4 hours from the 10-12 the first one took me. These are smaller, which also helps. They still use about 150 yards of tulle though.

I have been advised, by Ed and Jose, that I need to sell these dolls. If I can part with them, they may be going on the auction block soon!

9 comments:

Janet said...

Ed and Jose are most definitely right! You need to sell these! They're gorgeous!!!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Gorgeous!!

Congrats on getting the time down!

xoxo
Jane

Julie Marie said...

Oh Tamerie, I love them all! But the first one is my favorite...yes, you should most definitely sell those, if you can bear to part with them... I would not be able to! But I would love to own one! Thanks for sharing your ghost story with me today as well... most people who tell me their stories say they are not afraid either... I would love to hear more when you read your journal again... Bisous... Julie Marie

beachvintage.com said...

So very pretty Tamerie. So girly.

Laurel said...

Hi Sweetie- these are all just gorgeous. I am drawn to the black-but the white is dreamy too. They are wonderful.
Love to you Sweetie Pie!

{oc cottage} said...

Oh my gosh! You have the patience of a saint!! So darn talented!!

m ^..^

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Tamerie,

Your Tulle Girls are so fabulous! I was insipred by you and covered a wire hanger with tulle and can't imagine getting through one of these girls! I really love your latest creation and your grandmothers button is gorgeous!!

Debby - Romancing the Bling said...

Hi Tamerie...they are all so lovely! I can see quite a bit of time and love went into creating each one!
Guess what? I will be coming to San Diego to visit with my sister Jolee and neice Candace on the weekend of the 23rd of this month. I will also be bringing some of my 'Bling' while I attend the "Vintage Vixen Vendor Sale". I can't wait! Will you be there? I know that Deb will be there and I can't wait to meet her in person!!! I would love to see you also!
Until then...
Have a wonderful day!

Debby

Clarity said...

You have a good idea for colour Tamerie. I admire people who are productive :)